Sunday, May 31, 2020

Feminization of Poverty

Women are put in a category of feminine poverty where economic tendency shows that women are more likely than men to live in poverty due to the gendered gap in wages, the higher proportion of single mothers compared to single fathers most single families are specifically women, and the increase in cost childcare. This is definitely me, however, I am extraordinarily resourceful, that I refuse to be a statistic and I choose instead to beat all odds. With this in mind and of course with God walking by my side, anything is possible. As a student mother, I do struggle with a lot more, especially people, professionals, telling me I can't do it, I should just take a 'W' one professor actually told me that, as long as we don't listen to them or believe those beliefs people think about, we have a chance to beat the odds. I do know older women who were in the same predicament that I am in, and they are in powerful positions now, and their kids are good kids, none of which society speaks about has to be true for you if you are in the same predicament! In addition, we can't be successful without the help of others, I have countless help from so many people at my community and I am so gracious that I have been blessed to have incredible people that want to provide support and guidance when we don't know what we are doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment